Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Week 8, Learn about RSS feeds and setup your own Bloglines newsreader account.


I have registered my blog in 2009 to MCPL Staff Development and posted several blogs. When I REALIZED THAT I HAVE TO REGISTER TO SEVRAL SERVICES to complete this assignment, I was not very happy and stopped. I am one of those who are paranoid about putting my personal information on the Internet, good or bad. RSS clatters my email accounts more than I want to spend to keep up on major news. Is this a bad artitude as a public library librarian? I know many librarians have been using these functions to enhance their profession.

Bloglines is very much of a disappointment. I felt this site started with big funfair, but once there were many similar resources/alternatives available on the Internet, its popularity decreased. Without those feeds to read, we, librarians, sit in front of a PC for several hours a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment